Sunday, July 20, 2014

The future



The future is always unpredictable.  When I was younger I didn’t really know what I wanted to do growing up.  It’s the process of time that you figure out your skills and that’s what you decide to focus on.  Growing up I noticed I was pretty good at math.  I knew math is a good skill to have for technology based jobs and so forth.  I’ve always been kind of a geek.  Always wanting the latest and greatest gadget.  That’s one of the reasons I think I will enjoy going for a degree in mechanical engineering.  Although I might end up changing my major I just never know.  That’s the thing about the future.  Everything is undecided.  Sure plans can be made although what ultimately happens to people in every situation is unpredictable.  That’s why I try to make the most of every interaction I have with someone.  One small act of kindness can go a long way.  I like what Albert Einstein says, “God did not create evil. Just as darkness is the absence of light, evil is the absence of God.”  A lot of people might not agree about the God part although there is still a good point here.  God is often associated with love so we can make a simile comparison here.  If evil is the absence of love then what if we show love in every situation we have.  I think if everyone tried to do that at some time in the future conflict would almost be non-existent.  Sure there would be little disagreements and things every once in a while.  Although when people start thinking about love more the future is almost always bright.  In addition when we start loving one another more we tend to be a lot happier.  So the future is what people make it.  Either it’s happy, sad or some kind of mix of the two. 

No comments:

Post a Comment