Thursday, July 10, 2014

Airplanes


Airplanes are pretty cool.  I used to be scared of airplanes though growing up.  I used to be scared of them because they fly so high and I didn’t want an engine or something to malfunction and end up wrecking.  I have been in airplanes when I was younger.  Although I never really remembered any of those times because I was super young.  When I was around thirteen years old though I got to fly to Boston.  We were flying to Boston because my dad’s boss got us tickets to a baseball series at Fenway between the Cardinals and Red Sox.  The Cardinals won that series just so my readers know.  They won the first two and lost the last game.  I thought I was going to watch the Cardinals sweep the Red Sox at Fenway.  I was so spoiled and I didn't really realize it.  Anyways though speaking of airplanes I was no longer super afraid of them.  Although the first time I remembered taking off was kind of scary for me.  Eventually though we got to Chicago and we were switching planes for the rest of the way to Boston.  It was either on the way to Boston or on the way home I can’t remember.  Although somewhere in that flight I remember there was some really bad turbulence.  It was so bad the plane free fell for like ten seconds.  The plane had to have dropped like 500 feet or so I think.  It was pretty bad people were screaming when it was falling.  I thought I was going to die.  Luckily the plane caught wind and it was back to normal.  After that my sisters acted like it was no big deal almost like getting a thrill from a roller coaster, I was a little shaken up from it.  So after all of that I think airplanes are cool although I still get a little nervous thinking about riding in one.  

1 comment:

  1. Chuck,
    It is so funny how different our perspectives were when we were kids. We definitely saw things differently than we do now. In this case, you basically had a nightmare of airplanes! It sounds like you had a pretty wild experience free falling. I can't imagine what that would have been like. I just recently flew, but thankfully there was no free falling for me! Crazy enough, one of my friends wants to be a pilot so someday he could be steering your plane. I wish you the best of luck with your airplane rides in the future!
    Abigail

    ReplyDelete