Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Church Camp

One of my favorite things growing up was church camp.  Church camp always felt like a vacation to me.  One of the camps I used to go to didn’t really feel like that though.  That camp was called camp sagamount.  That place was a hotel way back then close to Joplin.  I learned a little bit about the history and it was a really popular place back then.  Although it is pretty old now and pretty gross.  At least for the boys the places that the boys have to stay at is pretty nasty.  The only fun thing to do there was catch crawdads.  So the majority of the time that’s all I did.  It actually got pretty serious one year and we had a crawdad fry.  Those things didn’t taste very good.  Anyways though when I finally got to go to another camp called Camp Table Rock aka CTR aka fun in the sun it was great.  That place is 100 times better then the other camp I was talking about.  It’s nice because the buildings are sanitary.  Also it’ s really nice because there are a lot of things to do because it’s right on table rock lake.  Some of the things they let you do on the lake is tubing, wakeboarding, cliff jumping, and jet skiing.   My favorite thing to do on the lake was tubing.  I wish I would of tried to go wake boarding more often but I only went once.  I couldn’t even lift myself out of the water it was kind of bad.  Cliff jumping was pretty fun although it’s painful.  That’s something I only did once.  There’s a funny video of one of the campers doing a belly flop from this cliff it’s really great.  Check it out.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1o7Rg2I-tNc It’s just a lot of fun.  I might end up working there next summer because I like it so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment