Wednesday, July 23, 2014

My free Truck


So when I was a sophomore I think my grandpa let me have his old ford ranger.  It is a pretty good ranger.  Anyways though we drove all the way down to Kansas City one weekend to pick it up.  When we finally got there I had to drive so I decided to drive my dad’s truck because I felt more comfortable in it.  I didn’t want to drive a new car I had no experience with for four hours.  Anyways though I’ve done a little work on that truck.  The running boards were all rusty I noticed so I decided to take them off with a little help from my dad and re paint them.  It took forever to get all the rust off.  I had to use a powerful little sander thing that my dad had.  Anyways though after I got all that done it turned out pretty well.  My truck has had a few problems though.  It has almost 160,000 miles on it now so it’s getting pretty old.  It’s from 2000 so it’s running pretty good for how old it is.  Although I have had to replace the radiator and the alternator on it so far I think.  There was also a problem with the ac.  So it hasn’t been a free car in a way.  The gas milage is pretty bad on it as well so that’s kind of down side to it.  I’m not sure if I’m going to take it to my college because it’s eight hours away.  I think my truck would have a hard time driving for that long I don’t know.  I think it’s still undecided whether or not I’m going to bring it.  Although it would be nice to have my car in college, so I could go to places without having to rely on someone else to get me there.

No comments:

Post a Comment