Sunday, July 20, 2014

The Cardinals


Growing up I’ve always been a cardinals fan.  I have been following the cardinals for as long as I can remember.  As a fan the cardinals have really spoiled me.  They have had so many good seasons recently.  I still remember watching the 2006 World Series.  I couldn’t tell you the final scores from each game although I remember they won ha-ha.  Although the emotional wins and plays are the ones I remember the most.  Like the 2011 World Series for instance.  There were so many awesome things that went on then.  The walk off homerun by David Freese is the most significant.  I still remember what I was doing during that moment.  I was starting to lose hope that game because the Rangers just got the lead from a big homerun.  So it was the ninth inning when I started getting ready for bed and school the next day.  So I slowly got off the couch and I think I was drinking milk at my counter or something.  Anyways when I was about to head off to bed David Freese hits a walk off home run.  I think that’s the best baseball game I have ever seen.  It was such a good game because it was back and forth the entire time with the exclamation point when Freese hit that bomb.  Just plays like that make watching a game for that long interesting.  I remember talking to classmates at school after that happened.  Just about everyone I knew couldn’t stop talking about.  There were so many facebook statuses made on it.  I just have so many memories from watching the Cardinals.  I have so many good memories although that’s not the only reason I like the Cardinals.  Most of the players are just really good people.  I think that’s why the Cardinals are so good.  It’s because they typically keep each other to a higher standard off the field.

No comments:

Post a Comment