Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Final Blog Post


Going into this I didn’t know what to think.  It was definitely a good experience though.  Writing so much really helped me I think.  The hardest part was trying to think about a good topic to write about.  I started running out of good ideas so I just started writing about some pretty random things.  Although I think it helped me learn how to become a better writer for sure.  Forcing my self to write 300 words seemed pretty hard starting out.  With time though typing 300 words got a lot easier.  I just learned to keep on typing and never stop.  The only thing I didn’t like about that is I like to stop and edit a lot. So this kind of helped me break that habit.  I noticed that my writing kind of flows better now.  I think that when I first started writing in this class I cared too much about perfecting every sentence.  I think that made my ideas kind of random and not connected.  Additionally I would just type a little about one idea then two sentences later I will be on a completely different sentence.  Anyways though I think I have definitely improved from all of these free writes and assignments.  Through all of these free writes I learned a lot about my self.  Trying to think about what to write about taught me a lot about how I spend my time and what I care about.

No comments:

Post a Comment