Tuesday, July 22, 2014

School and education


Growing up I never really liked school.  I hated spending time doing homework and doing projects.  Although as weird as it feels to say I think I appreciate school a lot more then I used to.  School gives me the opportunity to do a lot of things.  It keeps me busy doing something for one.  If I weren’t doing online classes I would probably be working a lot more this week.  Making money is great although I think I need to finish a good education in college before I pursue anything.  School is really important because without it the world would be a lot different especially in our culture.  Most of my friendships so far are from school for one.  In addition to that I think high school was a good experience because of that.  High school teaches students stuff although it mainly teaches how to be social I think.  If it weren’t for school I would probably not have my job as an umpire right now.  I got that job because I knew someone who already had the job.  So he kind of fixed me up with the boss so to speak.  So I learned it really helps to have meaningful connections.  With meaningful connections I think a lot more job opportunities will open up.  I don’t think education is just for getting a job though.  I think it really helps people figure out whom they are and how to work.  School taught me how to be a harder worker for sure.  I think it taught me this because there’s constantly assignments that are due.  Then there’s parents nagging all the time as well so that’s just another motivation to do your best.   Anyways though I think education is really important because without it a lot of people would just be ignorant and helpless I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment